15 October 2009

Where I have been....

You may have noticed a short impasse in my blog postings of late! After a wonderful summer making fabulous cakes for fabulous clients, I took myself off for a short break to Singapore. Singapore is a true meeting place of diverse cultures: the country is home to Chinese, Indian, Malaysian, Thai and European nationals to name but a few of the different nationalities which make up the population. While I was there it was, of course(!), incumbent upon me to investigate the effect of this cultural convergeance upon the wonderful world of cake and patisserie. I have come back armed with a whole host of ideas for new flavours and have been inspired by some of the beautiful intricate designs found in the architecture of temples and buildings, silk embroidery and exotic flowers. I can't wait to start designing!...

No comments:

Post a Comment